We are excited for the 2023-2024 school year and to continue bringing the traditions of Dallastown to the sidelines and events in our community! Thank you for your commitment and your choice to be a part of Wildcat Nation as the Wildcat mascot! Please take some time to complete the tryout forms and review the tryout process!
The mission of the roles of the Dallastown Wildcat mascots is to promote crowd interaction and school spirit through interactive crowd participation. Act as a representative of the Dallastown Area School District student body and alumni at Dallastown functions (games) and public appearances in the community.
• Must be spirited and enthusiastic
• Must have excellent crowd interaction
• Must interact well with kids
• Must be able to handle/deal with negativity from opposing teams’ fans; always stay positive!
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Must be accountable, timely, and responsible
• Must be positive and respect your teammates, coach, and community
• Willy - Perform at home and away football games, select other Dallastown games, matches, and events during the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
• Wilma - Perform at home and away football games, select other Dallastown games, matches, and events during the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
• Being selected as the mascot give you the opportunity to earn your varsity letter. More details will be provided upon the selection of our mascots!
• Mascots are expected to follow the student-athlete code of conduct and expectations outlined by the Dallastown Cheerleading program.
2023-2024 Tryout Information
When: Video Submissions and Letter of Recommendation due May 12, 2023
How: Email everything to email@example.com
This must be from a personal email account since you are unable to send emails from your school account to emails outside of the district.
Complete this Mascot Tryouts 2023-2024 Google Form
Get a Letter of Recommendation from a Teacher/Advisor
This does not have to be anything extensive, but we would like to have a brief paragraph from one of your teachers or an advisor who is recommending you for this role. Review the mission, skill requirements, and expectations of the mascot mentioned above to understand the qualities we look for in possible candidates.
Prepare a short skit to showcase your energy, enthusiasm, and skills and email to firstname.lastname@example.org